Our scholar Dr. Paul Wong is coordinating the premiere second wave positive psychology conference across APA divisions & academic disciplines. The International Network on Personal Meaning (INPM) proudly announces another world congress devoted to meaning-oriented research and interventions.
July 28-31. 2016
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Embracing the dark side of life
Empowering humanistic values
Cultivating meaning, virtue & happiness
Transcending suffering & terror
Keynotes include: M. Cooper, R. Neimeyer, M. Lerner, K. Schneider, I. Ivtzan, W. Breitbart, J. Peterson, A. Pattakos, C. Ryff, M. Steger, & C. Hill
• Second Wave Positive Psychology (PP2.0) Summit on embracing the dark side of human existence,
• Meaning Summit on working with meaning-in-life issues in counselling and therapy,
• The application of self-transcendence to spiritual and palliative care,
• The meaning-centered approach (MCA) to positive management and work engagement,
• Researchers and practitioners of different theoretical stripes dialoguing around the same table,
• Participants having the opportunity to meet and consult with leaders in meaning therapy and PP2.0, and
• Graduate student submissions, competitions, and awards.
For more information and to register, visit http://meaning.ca/conference/.
We’re pleased to share the announcements for this conference, which is coordinated by our scholar Paul T. P. Wong.
The International Network on Personal Meaning (INPM) is pleased to announce the 9th Biennial International Meaning Conference to be held July 28-31, 2016 in Toronto, Canada.
The main theme of the conference is, “Spirituality, Self-Transcendence, and Second Wave Positive Psychology.” This conference theme was partly inspired by the Chicago Virtue, Happiness, and Meaning project. It will address the topic of self-transcendence from theoretical, empirical, and therapeutic perspectives.
Dr. William Breitbart, the foremost authority on palliative care, will give a keynote as well as a pre-conference workshop. Other keynote speakers will include Robert Neimeyer, Mick Cooper, Kirk Schneider, Michael Steger, Carol Ryff, Itai Ivtzan, Paul T. P. Wong, and more.
Here are other conference highlights relevant to spiritual care and self-transcendence:
- Workshop on Meaning-Centered Psychotherapy for Advanced Cancer Patients
- Workshop on Integrative Trauma Informed Treatment
- Workshop on Mindfulness Programs in Positive Psychology
- Workshop on Techniques of Grief Therapy
- Workshop on Pluralistic Therapy
- Workshop on Need for Transcendent Meaning
For more information, including registration, visit the conference’s website.