We’re pleased to share the announcements for this conference, which is coordinated by our scholar Paul T. P. Wong.
The International Network on Personal Meaning (INPM) is pleased to announce the 9th Biennial International Meaning Conference to be held July 28-31, 2016 in Toronto, Canada.
The main theme of the conference is, “Spirituality, Self-Transcendence, and Second Wave Positive Psychology.” This conference theme was partly inspired by the Chicago Virtue, Happiness, and Meaning project. It will address the topic of self-transcendence from theoretical, empirical, and therapeutic perspectives.
Dr. William Breitbart, the foremost authority on palliative care, will give a keynote as well as a pre-conference workshop. Other keynote speakers will include Robert Neimeyer, Mick Cooper, Kirk Schneider, Michael Steger, Carol Ryff, Itai Ivtzan, Paul T. P. Wong, and more.
Here are other conference highlights relevant to spiritual care and self-transcendence:
- Workshop on Meaning-Centered Psychotherapy for Advanced Cancer Patients
- Workshop on Integrative Trauma Informed Treatment
- Workshop on Mindfulness Programs in Positive Psychology
- Workshop on Techniques of Grief Therapy
- Workshop on Pluralistic Therapy
- Workshop on Need for Transcendent Meaning
For more information, including registration, visit the conference’s website.