Our project will bring two visiting scholars to the University of Chicago. Anselm Mueller (emeritus, University of Trier) is our visiting scholar Spring quarter 2016, and Stephen Brock (Pontifical University of Santa Croce) will be our visiting scholar Spring quarter 2017. They will be hosted by the Neubauer Collegium for Culture and Society.
In addition to teaching a course, each visting scholar will
- lead faculty-doctoral student reading groups, to bring some of the intensity of our summer seminars to Chicago, allowing several faculty and doctoral students to work together to build an enlarged community of inquiry;
- give a public lecture;
- participate in at least one meeting of one of the University of Chicago’s existing, extensive system of interdisciplinary doctoral student workshops;
- participate in the June working group meeting in order to advance the project goals;
- contribute to The Virtue Blog and Virtue Talk podcast;
- attend the capstone conference at the end of the project.
Read more about the Visiting Scholars here.